The Administrative Fellowship at Baptist Health South Florida is a multi-disciplinary 13-month paid program designed to prepare recent graduate students for a career in Healthcare Administration.
The Fellowship provides future healthcare executives with opportunities to gain hands-on and in-depth understanding of hospital and health system administration, in a complex regional healthcare system. Two positions will be available each year.
Fellows will rotate through a variety of administrative areas within the organization, and under the general supervision of Rotation Directors and Preceptors, will be responsible for completing projects, presentations and other assignments. Fellows will also participate in strategic decision making and issue resolution.
As part of the application process, prospective Fellows will select their preference(s) for specialty track training areas which may include Legal, Human Resources, Strategic Planning, etc. Specialty track availability changes from year-to-year, and is based on organizational goals and needs. Whenever possible, the program is tailored to the interest and professional needs of the participant.
The program is affiliated with the Florida International University College of Business, and faculty from the Healthcare MBA support the program through didactic curriculum design. Our vision is to educate, train and retain the future healthcare administrators to serve the South Florida community.
Baptist Health South Florida
With more than 1.5 million patient visits every year from the Florida Keys to Palm Beach county, Baptist Health demonstrates a commitment to clinical and service excellence. Patients and their families from around the world travel to South Florida for to receive expert care from the Baptist Health team. With approximately 23,000 employees and more than 4,000 physicians in virtually all specialties – many with national and international reputations – Baptist Health is South Florida’s world-class healthcare organization. A culture of quality and dedication is instilled into every member of the Baptist Health family.
Florida International University College of Business
The Florida International University College of Business remains worlds ahead in preparing Undergraduate and Graduate Business students, as well as, life-long executive learners for leadership roles in the global market. FIU Business is among the 5 percent of elite business schools worldwide accredited by the AACSB International - The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. The Healthcare MBA program ranked #1 by Modern Healthcare (2015 and 2016) and #51 by U.S. News & World Report (2020).
- Graduate Degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, or Public Health received prior to the program start date (a completed degree is not required at the time of application). The degree program must be accredited by either the Associations to Advance Collegial Schools of Business (AACSB), Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH) or the Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education (CAHME).
- Completed application
- Copy of University transcript from Graduate program
- Statement of Purpose
- Why do you want to pursue a Healthcare Administration Fellowship at Baptist Health South Florida?
- Two letters of recommendations
- One letter from a professional reference
- One letter from an academic reference
Where do applicants go to apply?
National Administrative Fellowship Centralized Application Center (NAFCAs)
- When are applications accepted? June through October
- When are candidate interviews? October
- When are candidates matched/notified of acceptance? November
- When does the program start? August