The Pharmacy Postgraduate Year One (PGY-1) Residency at Boca Raton Regional Hospital has been designed to provide the post-graduate resident with a distinctive educational experience. Its core programs, elective rotations and longitudinal offerings – all in an advanced academic medical center and idyllic South Florida setting – are tailored to uniquely meet both the professional and personal needs of the resident.
The program is designed to train the graduate in the competencies that enable attainment of board certification in pharmacotherapy specialty and/or PGY-2 specialty residency training as well as achievement of a desired position in the field of pharmacy.
Our program offers:
- Diverse variety of direct patient care learning experiences
- Ability to choose from six different elective rotations
- Training will prepare resident for a clinical role immediately after completion
- Training will prepare resident for a potential PGY-2 position
- Flexible with resident areas of interest and career goals
- Supportive preceptors and opportunity for independence
- Opportunity for future employment within the Baptist Health South Florida system
- Family environment
Our program’s vision is to develop the resident into an effective, confident clinician and educator, and to enhance professional and clinical skills.
Additional Activities and Opportunities
- Teaching certificate
- Educational initiatives
- Formal lecturing opportunities
- Precepting students
- Community outreach
- Leadership development
- Florida Residency Conference participation
- ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting participation
- Poster presentations
- Multiple presentations for various hospital committees
- Participation in regional GPO network activities
- Two - eight-hour shifts every 4th weekend
- One - four-hour shift every evening per week
- Two - holidays
American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) | ID: 33049
Boca Raton Regional Hospital
Boca Raton Regional Hospital is an advanced, tertiary academic medical center with 400 beds, 2,800 employees and more than 800 primary and specialty physicians on staff. The hospital is a recognized leader in oncology, cardiovascular disease and surgery, minimally invasive surgery, orthopedics, women’s health, emergency medicine and the neurosciences, all of which offer state-of-the-art diagnostic and imaging capabilities. Boca Regional is designated a Comprehensive Stroke Center by the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration.
- Pharm.D. degree from an ACPE accredited college of pharmacy
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Florida pharmacist’s license by August 1
Prospective residents are required to submit the following:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Official transcripts from all colleges of pharmacy attended
- Three letters of recommendation from professional references utilizing standard form required by PhORCAS™
- Personal statement of intent
- Where do applicants go to apply? Pharmacy Online Residency Centralized Application Service (PhORCAS™).
- When are applications accepted? November to January
- When are candidate interviews? January and February
When are candidates matched/notified of acceptance?
ASHP Resident Matching Program – National Matching Services, Inc.
National Matching Service Code:
- When does the program start? July 1st