The stipends and benefits listed below are effective for the academic year for residents employed by Baptist Health via a trainee agreement, and are subject to change for future cohorts.
Time Off Days
Eligible for 10 days per academic year
Up to 5 paid educational days off each academic year
- Reimbursement for approved educational expenses:
- Post Graduate Year 1 - $1,500
- Post Graduate Year 2 - $1,500
- Post Graduate Year 3 - $1,500
- An additional $150 is available towards the cost of conference printing
- Licensing and Exam Fees - The following fees will be covered (amounts approximate):
- APMLE Part 3 exam (paid once during residency)- $925
- ABFAS Qualification Board Exams (if taken during residency)- $2,000
- ABFAS In Training Exam- $200
- Professional Membership – up to $200 annually towards professional memberships.
- Company owned iPad/laptop or similar provided while employed.
- Monthly cell phone allowance
- $25 allowance per day at the Bethesda Hospital cafeteria
- Two Medical Plans, plus a cash credit if you are covered under a non-Baptist Health plan.
- Three Dental Plans, most of which include some coverage for orthodontics. The basic option is at no cost to employees only, a free benefit paid by Baptist Health.
- A Vision Care Plan, offering coverage from either an optometrist or ophthalmologist.
- Life Insurance / Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance — a free benefit paid by Baptist Health.
- Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance, up to five times your annual salary.
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Business Travel Insurance — a free benefit paid by Baptist Health.
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Coverage — a free benefit paid by Baptist Health.
- Group Legal Services.
- Pet Care Membership Savings Program.
- Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare and dependent care.
- Health Incentive Account — the annual wellness incentives you earn are deposited into this account to pay or be reimbursed for qualified medical expenses such as deductibles and copays.
- Retirement Plan, with basic and matching contributions from Baptist Health.
- Personal Financial Management Services, with free seminars and one-on-one consultations.
- Credit Union, including free checking, MasterCard, ATM and low-cost loans.
- Sunshine Fund, offering interest-free loans based on employee need.
- Payroll Deductions for items such as the Florida Prepaid College Plan, employee housing, cafeteria, gift shop and Baptist Health Market purchases.
- Adoption Benefit of up to $10,000 per child (maximum $20,000 per employee).
- Early Learning Centers at Baptist Hospital, South Miami Hospital, Homestead Hospital, West Kendall Baptist Hospital and Bethesda Hospital East.
- Employee Discounts through LifeWorks on many services and products available in the community and nationwide.
- Eligible Employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program— remaining loan balance forgiven after 120 qualifying loan payments while working full-time
- Free unlimited access to care, including mental health services, via Care on Demand.
- Employee Health Services, including care hours if you are ill and cannot get to your doctor right away.
- LifeWorks, an employee assistance and work/life balance program that provides you and your loved ones free, confidential assistance with work and family issues and provides resources for everyday life needs.
- Parking – free of charge at Baptist Health facilities.
- Professional Liability Insurance – provided free of charge.
- Public Transportation Benefit Program provides you with a 50 percent or more discount to ride Miami-Dade public transit and Tri-Rail.
- SoFi Student Loan Refinancing — refinancing of federal and/or private student loans and Parent PLUS debt at low fixed and variable rates with a Welcome Bonus for employees who refinance.
- Wellness Advantage, Baptist Health’s nationally recognized program of wellness services.
- Access to gym and trainers at Fitness Facilities at select Baptist Health locations.