Since 2012, the ASPIRE program (Active Student Participation Inspires Real Engagement) at Baptist Health has partnered with organizations including Miami Lighthouse for the Blind, The Able Trust and the Agency for Persons with Disabilities to provide opportunities for adults with intellectual and physical disabilities to become involved in mentorships and hands-on career exploration. A variety of departments within Baptist Health host ASPIRE students including Dietary Services, Environmental Services, Transportation, Supply Chain, Marketing and I.T.
The Baptist Health ASPIRE program helps set participants on the road to greater independence.
Students from Atlantis Academy or Atlantis L.I.F.E. programs (private school transition programs) are matched with Baptist Health leaders for a nine-month immersion in their respective department. Approximately 30 students participate each year across Baptist Health. The program accepts approximately 30 participants per cycle.
Students from the FIU-Dan Marino Foundation (private school transition programs) are matched with Baptist Health leaders for a 12-week immersion in their respective department. Approximately five students participate each year at Baptist Hospital of Miami. The program accepts approximately five participants per cycle.
Adults participate in a one-day shadowing experience with a Baptist Health leader who will serve as their mentor. Select participants are offered a 12-week paid internship opportunity in their mentor’s department. The program accepts approximately 10 participants per cycle. Over a dozen graduates of the ASPIRE internship program have gone on to part-time or full-time employment at Baptist Health.
- Participants must be aged 16 or older as of the start of the program
- Currently enrolled in an accredited LIFE program (youth program)
- Currently enrolled in Dan Marino Foundation FIU (youth program)
- Graduated from an accredited high-school or received a GED (adult program)
- Baptist Health Supplemental Health Form (vaccinations, Flu and Tb verifications)
- Background check (initiated by program after application is complete)
- Where do applicants go to apply? Download applications below
When are applications accepted?
June to September (Adults)
August & September (Youth)
When are candidate interviews? October (Adults)
When are candidates matched/notified of acceptance?
November to December (Adults)
When does the program start?