Nurses at Baptist Health are encouraged to pursue learning throughout their career. Baptist Health employees accepted to the Graduate Nurse Scholars Program may apply for monetary incentives (scholarships) towards their tuition in return for work commitments at Baptist Health.
Employees are selected annually based on the needs of the organization. Those accepted in to the Graduate Nurse Scholars program take classes full-time, whether the program is face-to-face or online.
- Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Certificate from Barry University
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
- Nursing Education
- Nursing Administration
- Nursing Informatics
- Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- Ph.D. in Nursing
- RN license
- Completion of all prerequisites
- Acceptance letter into nursing program
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Must be a Baptist Health employee:
- No corrective action during the last six months
- Must fully meet the most recent annual evaluation
Once you have completed all of the prerequisites, you may download an application for the Baptist Health Nurse Scholars Program. A complete application includes the following:
- Completed and signed application forms.
- A letter of full acceptance from your nursing program.
- Most recent, official transcripts. Must be unopened.
- Professional resume
- Essay (one page, typed. Briefly tell us about yourself and “Why you want to pursue this degree?”)
- Three recommendation forms
- Baptist Health employees must have one letter of recommendation completed by their manager.
- Where do applicants go to apply? Application
- When are applications accepted? March 1 - May 15
- When are candidate interviews? June
- When are candidates matched/notified of acceptance? July
- When does the program start? August