Nurses at Baptist Health are encouraged to pursue learning throughout their career. Baptist Health employees accepted to the Post-Masters Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Certificate program at Barry University may apply for a scholarship from the Baptist Health Nurse Scholars Program.
Throughout their training program, students will may have didactic and clinical experiences within one of Baptist Health’s multiple facilities. Students enrolled in this program take classes full-time.
Students accepted into the Baptist Health Nurse Scholars Programs are provided a scholarship towards school tuition. This amount is paid directly to the university, and students are responsible for the balance of their tuition along with additional fees as determined by the school.
At the completion of the program, eligible graduates may be offered employment at Baptist Health with a work commitment of five years.
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
Baptist Health South Florida
With more than 1.5 million patient visits every year from the Florida Keys to Palm Beach county, Baptist Health demonstrates a commitment to clinical and service excellence. Patients and their families from around the world travel to South Florida to receive expert care from the Baptist Health team. With approximately 23,000 employees and more than 4,000 physicians in virtually all specialties – many with national and international reputations – Baptist Health is South Florida’s world-class healthcare organization. A culture of quality and dedication is instilled into every member of the Baptist Health family.
Barry University College of Nursing
The Barry University College of Nursing and Health Sciences provides an exciting educational experience for women and men interested in shaping the health care system of the new century. Nursing is a unique and valued human service, rich in scholarship, research, and political activism.
- FNP/ANP Certificate or Licensure
- Completion of all prerequisites
- Full acceptance into nursing program
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Must be a Baptist Health employee
- No corrective action during the last six months
- Must fully meet the most recent annual evaluation
Once you have completed all of the prerequisites, you may download an application for the Baptist Health Nurse Scholars Program. A complete application includes the following:
- Completed and signed application forms.
- A letter of full acceptance from your nursing program.
- Most recent, official transcripts. Must be unopened.
- Professional resume
- Essay (one page, typed. Briefly tell us about yourself and “Why you want to pursue this degree?”)
- Three recommendation forms
- Baptist Health employees must have one letter of recommendation completed by their manager.
All completed applications must be submitted electronically to ScholarsDocuments@BaptistHealth.net.
- Where do applicants go to apply? Application
- When are applications accepted? March 1- May 15
- When are candidate interviews? June
- When are candidates matched/notified of acceptance? July
- When does the program start? August